Equitable Economic Opportunity
We are one of the biggest economic engines in the Bay Area, and a city rich in intellectual and cultural assets. Let’s make access to a meaningful job or business opportunity a reality for all who are prepared to take it on.
- Workforce Development to help interested residents develop an array of work skills so they can thrive and help boost the local economy.
- Bolster the city’s community-based jobs training and entrepreneurship opportunities
- Ensuring equitable participation of women and minority-owned businesses in the city’s procurements and development agreements
- Creating municipal incentives for a BIPOC tech and green tech hub in Oakland to attract venture capital and technology sector investment in the local economy.
- Includes expanded efforts from the Port of Oakland through the Master Project Labor Agreement and Hire Oakland First Policy, Airport Expansion and ongoing real estate development, and A’s development
- Increase financial and community support for Oakland’s emerging arts districts
- Improve access to capital through innovative approaches. Local control, local power, and local benefits!
- Establish a public bank that is legally obligated to operate in the interest of the community as a whole, not private shareholders.
- Secure a local crypto currency to empower local communities for financial and social growth.
- Create an Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District (EIFD), which can be used to fund local economic development projects through tax increment financing
- Leverage federal and state funding for equity-enhancing initiatives to attract underrepresented business enterprises to invest in Oakland’s post-pandemic revitalization